Some lines of work are so demanding that they require intense physical effort to get the job done. There is a high risk of bodily damage when engaging in physical activities like flooring, roofing, cleaning, plumbing, landscaping, playing sports, and working on a construction site. For example, working on your knees for extended periods could result in knee injuries. And as you may be aware, knee treatments such as corrective surgery could cost you lots of money.
Fortunately, you have a simple solution for this-Knee pads! Just as other protective gears for safety, knee pads are essential to protect your knees from damages caused due to work.
Knee pads are essential protective gear used while doing hard physical work like cleaning, flooring, and construction. Take a look at the advantages of knee pads for work.
Why is Wearing Knee Pads Important?
Most knee injuries are caused by wear and tear of the knees, which entails the importance of wearing knee pads for work. Using knee pads will prevent this while cleaning, flooring, or doing other physically demanding jobs.
Here are significant reasons why wearing a knee pad is essential.
- Protection to knees: Patella is a small bone joint that protects your knees from injuries naturally. While doing intense physical work, the patella itself is vulnerable to fractures. A good knee pad could help minimize the impact on the knees, preventing any knee fracture. Using a knee pad will also prevent knees from being penetrated by sharp objects like nails at work.
Some knee pads are specially designed to reduce the shock of a hard ground floor, which may cause severe damage to your knees over time.
- Cost-saving: Wearing knee pads for work can help you save lots of money in the long run. Investing in knee pads is very little compared to spending thousands on treatment in case of a knee injury.
- Enhance efficiency: Using the best knee pads for construction or other work will give you confidence and enhance your efficiency. You don’t have to worry about knee damages while having to kneel on hard ground for a long time.
- Multifaceted: Knee pads are versatile that you can use for various purposes like cleaning, flooring, and sports. Using knee pads in contact sports like baseball and football can help prevent any severe knee injury during playing. They exert heavy pressure on your knees and reduce the incoming damage of hard projectiles.
Another significant advantage of wearing knee pads, beyond all these, is that they can protect you from getting osteoarthritis.
How Knee Pads Help You?
Knee pads have cushions that protect your knees when kneeling and safeguard against causing any impact. A good knee pad should stay strongly in position to secure the knees.
Bison Life is known to provide advanced knee pads for work along with other industrial safety gear. A wide range of knee pads is available on our site for ultimate protection, functionality, and safety at work. Look for the best knee pads for work, knee pads for flooring, knee pads for construction, and knee pads for cleaning at bisonlife.com.
Factors to Consider When Buying Knee Pads
With a myriad of choices available online like soft padding, hard-shelled, hard-capped, etc., it is easy to get overwhelmed and pick up with modest equipment.
Some significant factors that you should look for when buying knee pads: size, length, type of padding, material, style, versatility, and the number of pads included for the cost.
Make sure you buy the best knee pads that meet all the above requirements and prevent your knees from potential knee damages or injuries.
Not wearing knee pads while engaging in jobs requiring a long time working on your knees could result in serious knee injuries. Kneeling on the ground for an extended time could cause the cartilage to wear out and lose its shock-absorbing capability. It could ultimately lead to fracture in the knees if left unchecked and may cause osteoarthritis.
Wearing knee pads will minimize the impact felt by knees, protect knee caps, and provide more comfortable kneeling without causing any damage.
It depends on how frequently you use the knee pads. Wash your knee pads once a week or after two or three wears to avoid smelling, and minimize the odor growing from them.
Measure your thigh and calf circumference at about six inches from the center of your knee cap using a measuring tape. Refer to the manufacturer’s size guide for more information on choosing the right knee pad size. The YouTube videos available online will help you measure your thigh for choosing knee pads.
Yes. Knee pads act as a protective measure when working on your knees for a long time. Wearing the best knee pads will protect your knees from the impact of hard ground and prevent knee injuries.
Knee protection is the ultimate goal of wearing knee pads. They are designed to safeguard against any impact caused while kneeling on the hard ground for a long time. The cushion in the knee pads protects your cartilage and prevents any potential knee damage or injury.
Follow the below instructions to wear knee pads.
- Sit in a position with your legs stretched in front of you.
- Place the hard plastic part indent out, up to your knee.
- Bring the elastic straps around the back of your knee where it bends and wear it.
Check out YouTube videos for more clarity on wearing knee pads correctly.
Yes. If you are engaged in a physical line of work that requires kneeling on the ground for a long time, then a knee pad is essential to protect your knees from damage. Wearing knee pads will reduce the impact caused due to kneeling on the ground for a long time. They protect your knee caps and provide you comfort while kneeling.
Gel knee pads are better than foam knee pads because they have both gel and foam and displace evenly under pressure. The gel knee pads move with the kneecap and offer excellent cushioning. They also quickly revert to their original shape and last longer than foam knee pads.
Choose the knee pads which you feel are best for your work. There are plenty of choices available online like gel knee pads, foam knee pads, soft padding, hard-shelled, hard-capped, etc. Just make sure they provide good protection to your knees with the key factors: size, shape, type of material, cost, durability, etc.